I’m From Volleyball I’m from the court I’m from squeaky shoes and dusty floors I’m from “is that all you got!” I’m from “Sweet 16’s” I’m from dripping sweat and smelly knee pads I’m from pass, set, hit, cover, block, repeat I’m from “get lower” and “get behind the 10” I’m from lot’s of homework […]
Connecting Happiness and Success is a guide to creating Success through Happiness. It includes 4 concepts you can implement to become happier and 3 concepts that teach you how to leverage that happiness to be successful. It includes practical applications, examples and activities. The book is based on research from the field of Positive Psychology and my own experiences at work, teaching leadership classes, and in mentoring and coaching.
- The pursuit of pleasure involves feeling good in the short-term, and if overdone, creates a risk of negative long-term outcomes; the pursuit of happiness consists of intentional activities and habits that promote long term health and well-being.
- You can be a victim of your circumstances or you can choose to own and change your life so you can create your own happiness.
- “. . . relationships with other humans are both the foundation and the theme of the human condition” Berscheid
- Our Higher Purpose is how we find deep meaning and fulfillment in our lives by contributing to someone or something that is bigger than ourselves.
- We want to define success so that every day we can choose actions that are making us successful and avoid actions that will disrupt our success.
- Clarify and prioritize the steps necessary to reach our Definition of Success.
- Happiness is not found at the end of the Rainbow. It is found in each moment of each day and in how those moments connect us to our future. The key is to be disciplined in implementing actions that will build our happiness and success daily.
Accomplish One Small Thing Sometimes the chaos of life can be overwhelming. It seems like our to-do list gets longer instead of shorter every day and each project we complete seems to lead to two more projects. It can be sad and frustrating just thinking about everything that has to be done. The secret is […]