We can build happier lives by being happy each day. Here are 10 tips to create a happy day.
- When you wake up in the morning, think of 3 things you are grateful for.
- Practice smiling in the mirror and then share that with 5 people throughout the day.
- Nurture a positive relationship during your commute.
- Implement a Random Act of Kindness – Bring coffee, tape a dollar to the vending machine, or pay for the person in line behind you.
- Build an autonomy list – what things in your life do you get to choose?
- Volunteer for a charity and include your team members.
- Have lunch with a new friend
- Take a vigorous walk outside
- Take 15 minutes to think about your next vacation.
- At the end of the day, remember the 3 best things that happened.
“Because how we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.” – Annie Dillard
Our lives are made up of years. Our years are made up of days and our days are made up of moments. How we spend the collection of those moments will determine how we spend our lives. Spend them being happier!